The Avon area includes well known sites such as Aust Cliff and the Avon Gorge, as well as lots of other less famous but equally fascinating outcrops. Our monthly feature 'RIGS of the Month' aims to explore all that Avon geology has to offer and provides a starting point for anyone wishing to visit the RIGS themselves.
- May 2013 - Troopers Hill, Bristol
- March 2013 - Middle Hope, Kewstoke
- January 2013 - Trendlewood Quarry, Nailsea
- September 2012 - Redcliffe Caves, Bristol
- August 2012 - Blaise Castle Estate, Bristol
- July 2012 - Cliff Quarry, Compton Martin
- June 2012 - Aust Cliff
- May 2012 - Portishead foreshore
- April 2012 - Brandon Hill, Bristol
- March 2012 - Lower Woods, Hawkesbury
View RIGS of the Month in a larger map
RIGS of the Month (approximate locations only - see individual posts for grid references and access details.